Thursday, November 18, 2010

Project #3

After getting in touch with a couple of my former history teachers and talking to my teacher parents, I believe strongly that one of the hardest topics to teach a history class is the Holocaust.  It is a terribly grim subject, but I feel much can be learned from it.  Aside from being so gruesome, more and more children do not wish to believe that it actually happened, flat out denying it.  My father had a couple of kids do this to him while substituting for a history teacher.  My goal is to make the Holocaust real to the students, but not so graphic as to sicken them.  Genocide still happens today.  In Serbia, Rwanda, Sudan, and many other places.  I feel that by equating these more recent examples of similar situations, students will have a harder time denying that the Holocaust occurred.   If anyone has some good examples of technology to use to get this message across, I am wide open to advice.  Thank you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment